Monday, July 26, 2010

Photography Tip: Action Photography

Almost every photographer will want to take some sort of action shot eventually. In this post I will give you a few tips on how to get a good action shot. The first and one of the most important thing to remember is to set your shutter speed. If you go online you will find various recommended shutter speeds for different sports. You can try them out BUT I must warn you these are not always accurate. Also, you may want to try a different shutter speed depending on if you want to have a slight blur, freeze the action, etc. For most sports they will recommend a fast shutter speed with some few exceptions. Setting your aperture depends on the sport and your condition whether it is indoors or outdoors. For most outdoor sports you may want a smaller aperture than with indoor sports. Flash may be prohibited in some stadiums so make sure to check on that before using flash. Overall, I find the best pictures come from practice and experience so get out there and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment