Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nature & Wildlife Photography

Nature and wildlife photography is something many photographers may want to try. It is fairly easy with some practice and the proper equipment. Firstly you will probably want a 350mm and up lens. You will probably also want a macro lens. This all depends on your needs and primary usage. In most cases you may want to have a tripod as well. It is up to you to decide between manual or auto focus. I also recommend getting a lens with image stabilization which is useful with capturing shots of quick animals. I recommend about 350-450mm lenses for the majority of animals but about 500-600mm lens for birds. A macro lens is also extremely useful for flower and foliage or insect photography. You should also use a quick shutter speed. I recommend shooting during the day at a time when you don't need flash as to not scare the animals. So good luck and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment